Friday, August 12, 2022

#2669 "Long Reaching into Red Horse"

#2669 "Long Reaching into Red Horse"
14x18 inches oils stretched canvas
The Narrows is an important landmark that marks the entrance from Long Reach into Red Horse Lake. The community of homes have been there at the Narrows for quite a long time. 

On Long Point it's known as Rice's Narrows, and the adjacent large, granite knob to the north is "Rice's Mountain", after Joel and Melinda Rice who were the first settlers there. In Lyndhurst it's called Weeks's Narrows after Harvey and George Weeks who farmed there later. When our local historian was a kid, he prided myself in being able to go through there in my speedboat without slowing down. 

I painted the Narrows before in #1399 "Red Horse Narrows", #1611 "Red Horse Narrows", #1744 "Autumn Narrows" and #2658 "October Narrows 2021". I even called two by the same name... something I try very hard not to do but it obviously happens. 

I was out for a long paddle... and got this painting out of the effort. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2853 "Song Sparrow Sing"

#2853 "Song Sparrow Sing" 20x16 inches oils on canvas. Start Monday, April 15th, 2024 I could almost hear the song of the sparrow ...