Tuesday, October 17, 2017

#1989 "Bass Lake Cottage Shore"

The Plein Air Painters Thousand Islands Region (PAPTIR) started and organized by Robert Hedden were having their August paint out close to Singleton Lake. Although I was just back from the Dumoine Art Camp, I felt I still needed to paint some more.
This property is referred to as GleannaLea Refuge and it is indeed a sanctuary. All forms of wildlife share the property unmolested. Three large grey rat snakes live in the renovated barn. I tired not to step on the countless garter and Northern water snakes. There is even a power supply transformer that looks like a bear. Dragons and butterflies are also prevalent...

From the map and Google Earth, one can see that the eastern shore of the west basin of Bass Lake is heavily populated by cottages and boats. This is what I wanted to capture on this small and rough panel. There was little chance of including too much detail in the final painting on the coarse surface even if I had been wearing my glasses.
  Click to go to Chadwick Art... Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2849 "Wood Ducks Standing on the Log By the Bay"

#2849 "Wood Ducks Standing on the Log By the Bay" 14x18 inches oils on stretched canvas  Started Friday March 29th, 2024  The titl...