Wednesday, October 18, 2017

#1990 "Bass Lake Afternoon"

The Plein Air Painters Thousand Islands Region (PAPTIR) started and organized by Robert Hedden were having their August paint out close to Singleton Lake. Although I was just back from the Dumoine Art Camp, I felt I still needed to paint some more. I was still not wearing my reading glasses to paint and I didn't even notice that they were not with me after the Dumoine trip.

I was down to my last panel from my canoe pack. This is a very rough piece of sealed masonite with a thin wash of white tint. I was painting on the coarse and textured side so there was little chance of including too much detail in the final painting even if I had been wearing my glasses. It was perfect for the plein air occasion. I liked the way that the pines of the forest stretched into the sky.
This property is referred to as GleannaLea Refuge and it is indeed a sanctuary. All forms of wildlife share the property unmolested. Three large grey rat snakes live in the renovated barn. I tried not to step on the countless garter and Northern water snakes. There is even a power supply transformer that looks like a large black bear. Dragons and butterflies are also prevalent... it is indeed a paradise sanctuary akin to Claude Monet's garden at Giverny.
  Click to go to Chadwick Art... Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird"

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird" 14 (height) X 18 (width) inches oils on canvas Started April 3rd, 2024 I have constructed several hundred...