Friday, February 16, 2018

#0081 "Iced In"

From 41 years ago... it is fun to revisit these early works...
I found this beached and abandoned lifeboat on the shore of Bedford Basin, Halifax during the winter of 1978-1979 BC (Before Children). Presumably, everyone survived! This boat was just around the corner from the sunken tugboat featured in "Twilight of a Tugboat" (painting #82). I was never able to discover the story behind this lifeboat. It was beat up but still serviceable.

This is one of my favourite works. I would have painted this in the apartment in Woodlawn Mall area of Dartmouth.
 Click to go to Chadwick Art... Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2850 "Mrs Blue Bird"

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird" 14 (height) X 18 (width) inches oils on canvas Started April 3rd, 2024 I have constructed several hundred...