Monday, February 5, 2018

#2060 "Sunset Shades"

The shades were being pulled down on the 16th day of January 1918 leaving only shades of blues and greens. I enjoy puns. The sunset weather was overcast altostratus with some light snow. The painting was a twilight variation in blues and greens. There are indeed a lot of colours to be found in the deepest part of winter.
I focused across the last island to be submerged during a flood toward the only permanent home that we can see from Jim Day Rapids on the western shore of Singleton Lake. I included the details of the other seasonal structures on the west shore of Singleton Lake including Wickpick's.

I used quite a lot of paint on this smooth and very slippery surface. Painting is supposed to be fun. This one was a blast of winter.

I actually forgot to sign #2060 "Sunset Shades" when the paint was wet. I did not wish to autograph it the next day as I felt that scratching my name in the drying paint would take away from the image. The painting is amply identified on the back so I left my signature off the front out of respect for the oils.
 Click to go to Chadwick Art... Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2850 "Mrs Blue Bird"

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird" 14 (height) X 18 (width) inches oils on canvas Started April 3rd, 2024 I have constructed several hundred...