Sunday, May 20, 2018

#0079 "Summer Shadows"

From the summer of 1978...
This is a pallet knife painting of a quiet pool in the very beautiful Kejimkujik National Park Nova Scotia during the summer of 1978. The rapid feeding the pool was the white water in the middle top of the scene. I was experimenting with different ideas and approaches to painting. There were a few brush strokes as well but not many.

I was still learning about the weather of the Maritimes and as much as I could about real meteorology at CFB Shearwater. This happened to be a fog free day in mid summer. Never stop learning...

I would have painted this in the guest bedroom on the southwest corner of our apartment in the Woodlawn Mall area of Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. My studio was in the extreme corner and the sewing area on the opposite wall when guests were not visiting.

I was still signing my name big and bold in the fashion of my mentor Mario Airomi.
 For this and much more art...

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2850 "Mrs Blue Bird"

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird" 14 (height) X 18 (width) inches oils on canvas Started April 3rd, 2024 I have constructed several hundred...