Monday, June 25, 2018

#0094 "Backwoods Ontario"

From the summer of 1980...
This is typical landscape for western Ontario near Thunderbay. We were driving across Canada to the next posting as a meteorologist at the Alberta Weather Centre in Edmonton Alberta. I was supposed to be entering the Masters of Meteorology program at the University of Alberta with some professors who I respected greatly. Our daughter would have been barely a month old on the driving trip across Canada. I remember that trip well stopping at Ponderosa and other other restaurants along the way with a little baby. I was trying to be loose with the paint after painting in a photographic realism style for a while!

I would have painted this in the studio in the corner of the guest bedroom in our condo in Millwoods, Edmonton, Alberta. I never stopped painting even as I was learning the meteorology of Alberta.

The government cut the educational program before I could go to class. I still took some courses as time permitted but not the entire program.
 For this and much more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2850 "Mrs Blue Bird"

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird" 14 (height) X 18 (width) inches oils on canvas Started April 3rd, 2024 I have constructed several hundred...