Friday, June 22, 2018

#0096 "Silver Sands, Nova Scotia"

From the summer of 1980...
This was at the beach in the summer of 1978 at Silver Sands, just northeast of Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. I was trying to be really loose with the paint.

I was learning the science of meteorology at CFB Shearwater. The Maritimes is a great place to learn about the weather directly from the atmosphere. We moved to Alberta so that I could pursue my Masters of Meteorology with some professors that I respected greatly.

I would have painted this in the studio in the corner of the guest bedroom in our condo in Millwoods, Edmonton, Alberta. I never stopped painting even as I was learning the meteorology of Alberta.
 For this and much more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2850 "Mrs Blue Bird"

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird" 14 (height) X 18 (width) inches oils on canvas Started April 3rd, 2024 I have constructed several hundred...