Monday, July 23, 2018

#0284 "August Sunrise - Bass Lake"

This sunrise was the western end of the "Small" island on Bass Lake within Restoule Provincial Park. There are a lot of lakes with this name in Canada and goodness knows we did catch a lot of small and large mouth bass in those waters. Almost all of those fish returned to the lake. A favourite small mouth that was burnt in my memory emerged from the depths like a huge Polaris missile. One violent shake of its huge head sent the lure almost back into the canoe with Linda and I.

This was a favourite site for a small campsite. Every rock and tree in this painting were as I saw them. This sunrise was from August (23rd or so), 1990. My son (9 years young) was on his first canoe trip with my canoe buddy and his daughter and I.
 For this and much more art...

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2849 "Wood Ducks Standing on the Log By the Bay"

#2849 "Wood Ducks Standing on the Log By the Bay" 14x18 inches oils on stretched canvas  Started Friday March 29th, 2024  The titl...