Thursday, September 6, 2018

#2110 "Chantry Breezes Garden Cottage"

7:30 am Monday ‎May ‎28, ‎2018
I had stayed in this Garden Cottage on the Saturday night before the 2018 version of Southampton Art School's Wind Waves and Weather. This was one of several accommodations offered by the Chantry Breezes Bed and Breakfast. I slept like a log after the long drive from Singleton and getting ready to paint. They had a radio playing under the cottage and had forgot to turn it off. I did not mind as I was asleep in seconds anyway. Apparently the skunks, raccoons and chipmunks do not enjoy modern music or talk radio. I quite agree.

A black and white cat came by and was quite alarmed at my being there in its hunting domain and so early in the morning. Young black squirrels peaked around the tree trunks at me. They were curious. There were a very few walkers enjoying the cool morning sunrise temperatures but I was pretty much alone except for the varmints.
The small and very rough panel made it impossible to paint detail which was fine by me. The red crab apple tree in front the the Garden Cottage was striking.

The group from the Southampton Art School's Wind Waves and Weather 2018 were going to paint all day in this garden. The temperatures were forecast to soar and we needed some shade and protection from the heat. The owners of the Chantry Breezes Bed and Breakfast were gracious hosts and made us feel quite at home. We were careful to not intrude and leave only memories and footprints. I would highly recommend spending a few days and nights at the Chantry Breezes Bed and Breakfast.
 For this and much more art...

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2857 "Ruffed Grouse"

#2857 "Ruffed Grouse" 16x20 inches oils on canvas Started April 22nd, 2024 The scientific name for the Ruffed Grouse is " Bon...