Monday, November 19, 2018

#2173 "CPAWS Campfire"

The DRAW camp fire area was quiet. I had already picked up all traces that a lot of people had spent a lot of time there. The two sitting logs remained but that was it. I lit a small fire and painted away in the clearing. The trees were backlit by the rising sun. The trees and logs cast shadows long across the scene. I included the bathroom sign nailed to the tree. The thunder box was the bathroom. The fireplace rocks were painted as I saw them. Every camper would rearrange these stones a bit to suit their purposes.

I was in no hurry to leave and it gave me a chance to hang my tent and tarps to allow them to dry out a bit. Those overnight thunderstorms were the heaviest and most severe of the week. Someone had conveniently stretched a heavy nylon rope between some trees. The rope was the only trace of humans left behind when I headed down the road.

The heavy thunderstorms of the past week had almost washed out the road in a few locations. It was certainly much rougher on the way out. It took an hour to go the 35 kilometres or so and that was only because the roads improved dramatically the closer to Swisha that you got. On the rough sections of the road I suspect the mean speed might have been 15 kph.

I used a lot of paint on the smooth and slippery surface. For this and much more art, please click on Pixels.
 For this and much more art, please click on Pixels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2850 "Mrs Blue Bird"

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird" 14 (height) X 18 (width) inches oils on canvas Started April 3rd, 2024 I have constructed several hundred...