Wednesday, November 21, 2018

#2175 "Jim Day Lily Pads"

My friend Robert P. Hedden was the founder and moving force behind the Plein Air Painters Thousand Island Region (PAPTIR). They have visited Singleton Lake many times before. Wednesday September 5th was the 2018 visit.
It is not easy to guide a group of artists but it is always fun and Robert is good at it. Every one scatters and finds inspiration in the unlikeliest of places. Let it be... let it be. That exercise has been compared to herding cats. We had a small group composed of Bob, Jan, Linda, Dave and Dianne. We had a post lunch pontoon boat ride as well. Life is good.

While I waited for our guests to arrive I set up on the edge of Jim Day Rapids to paint something simple. I was still using the oils from the Dumoine River Trip of early August. The lily pads were still healthy. I thought of Monet as I painted and waited for the group to arrive. On a previous visit we were also visited by three large black rat snakes at exactly this location. The ladies were all quite scared of snakes and remembered the encounter very well. After they had left for the day I did see a large northern water snake.

For this and much more art, please click on Pixels. Thank you.
 For this and much more art, please click on Pixels. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird"

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird" 14 (height) X 18 (width) inches oils on canvas Started April 3rd, 2024 I have constructed several hundred...