Saturday, November 24, 2018

#2178 "254 Nelson Street"

This was the first morning of Paint the Town 2018. The town was Kingston and the event was part of the International Plein Air Painters (IPAP) Worldwide Paint Out held for three days, Friday through Sunday in early September every year since 2001. IPAP was founded in 2001 with the belief that plein air painters should have an organization with no regional ties and no border restrictions - artists without borders. I am happy to be a Charter and Signature (Honours) Member and I don't belong to much.

We were painting in the Williamsville District of Kingston. I do not normally paint homes. I do not wish to intrude on the owners and their property. I always set my easel up quite a discrete distance away and try to blend inconspicuously into the environment. A home is someone's castle and I do not wish to infringe and cross any moat. The parking spot on York Street allowed me to stay for three hours. The parking meter officers ride bikes to check for violations and they were by that location frequently. We smiled and said "hello" but I was done in two hours. The sun was getting hot and I needed to find shelter anyway.

This home with elaborate wood trim caught my eye. The red volkswagon was also very interesting. The owner came out and we enjoyed quite the chat. The car belonged to his wife. Apparently this home once had quite an acreage with it but that land was sold off over the years. The lady who owned the home at one time wanted to remove the wood decor but the local handyman refused. I agree that the wood finishings were quite special.

For this and much more art... please click on Pixels. Thank you.
 For this and much more art... please click on Pixels. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2849 "Wood Ducks Standing on the Log By the Bay"

#2849 "Wood Ducks Standing on the Log By the Bay" 14x18 inches oils on stretched canvas  Started Friday March 29th, 2024  The titl...