Tuesday, December 4, 2018

#2189 "Trapper’s Bay"

I went for a hike around Trapper's Trail on the way back from Gargantua Harbour and just after painting #2124 "Superior Woodland River". Trapper's Trail follows the shore around Rustle Lake and was only 5 kilometres south of the Gargantua Harbour. I thought it would be nice to explore every little bit of Superior East Provincial Park.

The guide for Superior East Provincial Park describes Trapper's Trail as " Follow the shoreline of Rustle Lake through a wetland and watch for moose, great blue heron and beaver from the floating boardwalk. Dawn and dusk are the best times to see beaver on this trail." It was indeed an easy hike and only 1.5 kiolmetres long. I was the only one walking. There was some good scenery for sure. I saw moose tracks but nothing was standing in them at the time.

The altocumulus clouds were as flat as pancakes. This was really a skyscape disguised as a landscape. The subject matter was really the flat sheet of altocumulus cloud and I wanted to see how well I could capture that moment. I used a lot of paint on this small canvas.

For this and much more, please click on Pixels. Thank you.
 For this and much more, please click on Pixels. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2855 "Bald Eagle On The Prowl"

#2855 "Bald Eagle On The Prowl" 14x18 inches oils on canvas  Started April 20th, 2024 This is another image taken by my friend, Jo...