Tuesday, December 11, 2018

#2196 "Michipicoten Point"

I was scouting around Michipicoten looking for the location where my artist friend Lawrence Nickle painted "Michipicoten Harbour". I did not find his vista but this point on the north side of the Michipicoten River caught my eye.
I had taken Government Dock Road hoping to find some great subject matter to paint later. It was raining much too hard to paint en plein air. I liked the view looking southward from the beach to the point on the north side of the Michipicoten River. There was informative and interesting signage throughout the village. I read most of them. Michipicoten is a word in the Ojibwe language that means "big bluffs". I was very careful not to intrude on private property. A guide would have been helpful.

For this and much more art, please click on Pixels. Thank you!
 For this and much more art, please click on Pixels. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2849 "Wood Ducks Standing on the Log By the Bay"

#2849 "Wood Ducks Standing on the Log By the Bay" 14x18 inches oils on stretched canvas  Started Friday March 29th, 2024  The titl...