Tuesday, January 8, 2019

#2207 "Singleton Afternoon Thunderstorm"

I had just gotten back from a week of painting on the Dumoine with CPAWS. I was still a bit tired. I watched this thunderstorm roll in from the southwest. I should have gone out and painted it right then and there but I took a photo to put this in my back pocket for a rainy day. That wet weather arrived in November. The colours of any storm are special. There were earth tones in this base of this particular thunderstorm and all of these reflected in the calm waters of Singleton Lake. There is indeed a calm before most storms.

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2849 "Wood Ducks Standing on the Log By the Bay"

#2849 "Wood Ducks Standing on the Log By the Bay" 14x18 inches oils on stretched canvas  Started Friday March 29th, 2024  The titl...