Sunday, March 24, 2019

#0363 "The Kitten and the Tiger"

Shortly after moving into the Watershed farm house in 1993, one of the farm cats that came with the property strolled along the fence line. She cast a very long shadow on the barn wall in the setting sun of the early day in spring. The scene caught my eye. The painting that resulted has Jo-Boo cast in the role of the farm cat. The Maine Coon cat was one of the most loving and intelligent creatures I was ever fortunate to know.

She went plein air painting and was my most understanding art critic. She went of family walks in the fields. She pinned me prone for extended naps.

The hole in the barn wall was where the raccoon entered and I had not yet sealed it up. The cat used the same hole. My Dad built a cat door for the barn door that was just right for cats but too small for raccoons.

I also built a cat sauna out of a broken clothes drier. All of the cats loved it. There was a pressure switch so the cats could turn the heat lamp on themselves. The cats no longer dreaded the coldest day in the winter.

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.
 For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

#2850 "Mrs Blue Bird"

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird" 14 (height) X 18 (width) inches oils on canvas Started April 3rd, 2024 I have constructed several hundred...