Sunday, March 17, 2019

#0434 "Sunset on My Hill"

This is the view from the middle of the pond looking south toward the completed house and the paddocks. It was sunset and the colours were very vivid - maybe I didn't even do them enough justice. I was very pleased the way it turned out on this small piece of panel left over from the construction. I used the remaining construction pieces to built bird houses.
I built hundred of Peterson Blue Bird houses as well as many wood duck houses - a few owl boxes as well. The birds which had been absent were soon everywhere. Everything needs a place to live.

I liked the different colours of the snow and the ice and how those contrasted with the sunset on the winter grasses. The hockey ice I was standing on was almost done for the season.

A very unusual size but I had already made a frame to fit that size using the scrap trim left over from the construction. I made new corner blocks at Jack Brydon's shop and used biscuits to glue and put the pieces together. The frame probably took more time than the painting.

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you!
 For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2845 "Female Snowy Owl"

#2845 "Female Snowy Owl" 18x14 oils on stretched canvas Started Saturday, February 17th, 2024 This female snowy owl had a whimsica...