Monday, May 13, 2019

#2235 "Orange Sunrise"

The morning light at 6:30 am does not last very long.
Another spring rain storm was on the way. The rising sun was penetrating under the overcast deck of altocumulus that was gently invading from the west with the warm conveyor belt of the next storm. A few small patches of blue sky poked through the thin overcast. The brilliant lighting would only last for a few more minutes. I used some orange pigments that I purchased from my mentor and friend Mario Airomi dating back to 1967. The paint was still perfect and I use the very rich pigment sparingly.

It was still sprinkling rain from the spring storm a day after the brilliant sunrise. I decided to take a break from chores and stroke this memory down before the orange inspiration faded into the grey matter.

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.
 For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2850 "Mrs Blue Bird"

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird" 14 (height) X 18 (width) inches oils on canvas Started April 3rd, 2024 I have constructed several hundred...