Wednesday, September 18, 2019

#2262 "Dumoine Downstream Rain"

This was the morning of Day Three of the Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society (CPAWS) supported DRAW (Dumoine River Art for Wilderness) 2019. We were all eco-artists trying to assist with the awareness of the importance of wilderness in modern society.

The showers foretold by the altocumulus castellannus (ACC) had arrived as I started this painting. The visibility dropped significantly and I thought that we might be in for a deluge. I painted on. The far hill west of the Dumoine was totally obscured by the heavy rain and I braced for the sudden down rush of cool air followed by heavy rain. I painted quickly but I need not have worried. When the shower arrived I could count the drops. The main area of heavy rain had passed just to the north.

A group of six canoes came through the rapids as I painted. They had to be novices although they were certainly geared up properly for the adventure. All but the last canoe took the sand bar shortcut when they exited the last set of rapid ripples. The guide followed the deep downstream "V" of the main channel properly. The other canoeists had to get out of their canoes and drag them over the logs and the sand of the left eddy. I waved.

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.
 For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...