Wednesday, February 5, 2020

#2302 "Pine Flags on Georgian Bay"

Christmas gets very busy at Singleton Lake as it should be. This was the first painting of the New Year 20-20. I was hoping for a perfect vision of the coming year of applying oils to canvas.

The trees of the Parry Sound Archipelago are heavily flagged by the westerly winds off Georgian Bay. The trees take the survival approach of bending with the wind. Why fight it? Life is typically better if you just go with the flow. Nature will always win in the long run and that is as it should be.

This was a foggy autumn day on Georgian Bay and my friend Cam was showing me the sites of the Parry Sound Archipelago and trying to find me some special painting material. I like wind blown trees. I also enjoy bright red soft maples on the shoreline in autumn. The choppy water of Georgian Bay was also intriguing. This subject matter worked for me. It was fun.

This is the first of the Parry Sound Archipelago series. There are many more to come.

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2850 "Mrs Blue Bird"

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird" 14 (height) X 18 (width) inches oils on canvas Started April 3rd, 2024 I have constructed several hundred...