Tuesday, November 10, 2020

#2408 "Franklin Rock Face"


This interesting piece of granite is from nearby the location of painting #2398 "Searching for Franklin". The rock was photographed on Saturday July 25th, 2020 looking southeast from very near N45.382861 W80.340598. I had been in front of that rock on Franklin Island the previous September. The swirls in the rock belie the fiery history of the Parry Sound Archipelago. 

In addition, the patterns in the rock reminded me of my late artist friend Ed Bartram. Ed lived in King City near where we lived in Schomberg and later at Watershed Farm on the 12th Concession of King Township. This painting is my small remembrance of an artist who shared in the joy of the Georgian Bay rocks and the archipelago. The rocky swirls gave the painting both a rhyme and a rhythm. Ed gave me an autographed copy of his book, Rockscapes. I gave Ed a copy of my Weather of Ontario. We are all in this together. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark"

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark" 14x18 inches oils on canvas Started April 19th, 2024 Sadly, I rarely see a meadowlark anymore within th...