Thursday, December 24, 2020

#2435 "Overcast Sunflowers"


I stood in the garden and looked up into the giant "Linda and the Sunflower" plant. Jack and His Beanstalk would have been impressed. The view was overcast in cloud and in sunflower blooms and elephant-ear leaves. The terminology of weather forecasting can also be applied to flowers - at least in this example.

The surface was smooth and slippery so I went into the composition with the right colour in the right place. I slapped those oils into place and then left it alone. I love sunflowers probably as much as Vincent did. I decided that this little, rough gem needed a larger format so I picked out the finest canvas that I had on hand and painted #2437 "Linda's Sunflowers". 

I decided to post this painting on COVID Christmas Eve 2020. This post is about four paintings early and out of the artistic journey sequence. For many this has been a very challenging and very sad year. Aleta, a dear artist friend wrote "Sunflowers are a great thing to paint in the dark of the year - and in dark times too." I have been blessed and able to spend the COVID isolation as a Hermit Artist. Such a life spent surrounded by nature and close family is peaceful, satisfying, creative and very sustainable. I wish the same for everyone. The days are getting longer and brighter things are on the horizon. Take cheer and hope.. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

#2850 "Mrs Blue Bird"

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird" 14 (height) X 18 (width) inches oils on canvas Started April 3rd, 2024 I have constructed several hundred...