Monday, January 4, 2021

#2434 "October Sunflowers"


It was overcast with light drizzle outside so I decided to paint in the Singleton Studio. I wanted to catch up on my sunflower inspiration. These drying and dying sunflower blooms were from mid October. The English language can be funny at times in the similarity of words. 

I would visit this inspiration again in artistic step number 2443 "October Sunset on the Sunflowers". Sunflowers are the perfect inspiration during the shortest days and longest nights of the year as well as the darkest days of the COVID-19 Pandemic. 

Vincent would have loved to paint those flowers. I know I did. I used a small canvas and broad, rough brush strokes. I used a lot of paint too. I plan to do a series at different stages of growth and even decay. Life is good. 

"The sunflower is mine, in a way" said Vincent Van Gogh. I know that he would share though. I almost share my birthday with Vincent except that his was 100 years earlier than mine. 

For this and much more art, click on
Pixels. Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

#2850 "Mrs Blue Bird"

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird" 14 (height) X 18 (width) inches oils on canvas Started April 3rd, 2024 I have constructed several hundred...