Wednesday, February 10, 2021

#2447 "August 22nd Sunrise"


August 22 was my Mother's birthday. My parents encouraged my art and the least that I can do, is my best. A sunrise always instill a promise for the coming day. 

I paint to please myself but am honoured when it touches someone else. The best art can grab you – affects for feelings – influence your mood. Hopefully in a positive way. There must be an unspoken connection between the artist and the audience. That is what I strive for and it is fleeting and difficult to achieve. If you have accomplished that even once as an artist, you are on your way. You can do it again. Keep trying. 

The art can be almost anything: visual, music, dance, writing. There are countless creative disciplines that provides the artist with an outlet for expression and maybe even an audience. What excites me is that sometimes those outlets fuse and the sum is greater than the parts. A friend I never met is a favourite example of this. 

Marko Burrows is a one man music machine creating a library of music in much the same way that I create the Singleton Sanctuary Studio full of art. We are driven to create. Several years ago my art connected with Marko over the internet. He reached out and asked permission to write a song about me as an artist and my art. We never met but Marko knows me very, very well as displayed by the lyrics of his song. 

I love this song as it brings back memories of Marko and it reveals many truths about me. and maybe you will too. I have tried to find him but have been unsuccessful. I hope he is still writing songs and enjoying life to its fullest. 

For me, success is not about selling. It is about connecting with others and enriching both your life and those of your audience. It is a symbiotic relationship and it is all good. It defines society. 

Here is the poem behind the music... both by Marko Burrows.

  • It’s hot in here 
  • The weather’s weird for this time of year
  • It’s hot in here I’ve been watching steam rising from my beer!
  • A working man
  • My rich boss says, “Strip the land”
  • There ‘ain’t no plan
  • Just more and more wealth in his hands
  • I look to the sky, and I’m in awe.
  • However we change it, it’s so beautiful
  • It’s hot in here
  • It’s hot in here
  • Its’ raining more, the sky’s not ever clear
  • It’s hot in here
  • My car needs oars, it’s the floods fear
  • I look to the sky, and I’m in awe...
  • However we change it, it’s so beautiful
  • And the world cries!
  • It doesn’t matter what you’ve done
  • Like the weather you cross my face
  • I’ll still be here when you have gone
  • A very different place
  • It’s hot in here
  • They say the tipping point is awful near
  • It’s hot in here
  • From this viewpoint it’s our last frontier
  • A working man, How we stop it I don’t understand
  • There ‘ain’t no plan.
  • There’s no-one out there to lend a helping hand
  • I look to the sky, and I’m in awe.
  • However we change it, it’s so beautiful
  • It’s hot in here

by Marko Burrows and inspired by the art of Phil Chadwick

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...