Thursday, May 13, 2021

#2486 "Mid March Long Reach Afternoon"

I felt inspired so I decided to grab my paints and head down to Jim Day Rapids. There was still some snow left to paint. I charged right into the effort. I was distracted by a snuffling noise that seemed out of place amidst the chirps of the spring birds. 

An otter was bristling its whiskers at me as I was obviously in his/her territory. We enjoy watching the otters all winter long. Come summer, they seem to disappear but occasionally we will see them at night. 

The deformation zone of the approaching spring storm had just passed to the east of Singleton. The southwesterly breeze was chilly but the Long Reach Point sheltered me as I painted. The grey overcast was characteristic of the warm frontal surface. It was a great chance to paint en Plein air with no biting bugs. 

I painted fast and very heavy on the oils. Art is supposed to be fun. The blue birds were active and using the Peterson Bluebird Houses that I had just given a spring cleaning to. Every bird houses on the property was clean. It took all day. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...