Tuesday, August 24, 2021

#2515 "Cirrus Sky Script"


This painting was actually started at 11 am on Wednesday February 12th, 2020 with #2326 "Cirrus Lines".

 The process continued on Friday February 28th, 2020 with #2336 "Cursive Writing in the Sky". I liked the subject matter and what it had to say about the weather so I thought I would revisit it a final time on a very large and rather expensive canvas. 

Weather is more of a ballet than a battle. Nature and the sciences that govern the globe can be predictable in a beautiful way. 



As I was laying in the design, my mind wandered further to the art of calligraphy. Calligraphy is more than ‘beautiful handwriting’ or ‘ornate lettering techniques.’ The meteorological ballet of weather is very similar in that the flowing elements of the clouds and vapours are harmoniously arranged through nature and science, revealing the rhythm of the atmosphere. The official definition says that "calligraphy is the art of forming beautiful symbols by hand and arranging them well." This statement is equally applicable to the sky and the meteorology that governs how the elements are arranged. I have been deciphering these interactions and arrangements during my entire meteorological career. My science Blog summarizes the best of those patterns and they can be easily deciphered using your Coriolis Hand and following the scripts that I have written for the major weather patterns. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

#2853 "Song Sparrow Sing"

#2853 "Song Sparrow Sing" 20x16 inches oils on canvas. Start Monday, April 15th, 2024 I could almost hear the song of the sparrow ...