Tuesday, September 7, 2021

#2530 "Georgian Bay Pines"


This is a view from west of Palestine Island where Irving Berlin, the famous composer of White Christmas and other well-known musical classics, spent many summers vacationing. 

The image was looking northwest across a rocky shore and some characteristic pines and cedars. This is classic Georgian Bay territory. My friend Cam was a little distance from Irving’s Palestine Island but he thought that he could hear the strains of “Let’s Have Another Cup of Coffee”. 

As for me, I heard Gordon Lightfoot's Seven Island Suite while I painted this memory. My goal was to make these Georgian Bay paintings, make the viewer feel the same way that Lightfoot suggests. I hope that you can hear the wind and see the summer storm on the western horizon. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...