Monday, September 20, 2021

#2532 "Black Eyed Beauties"


I wanted to teach my granddaughters the basics of plein air painting. It was a beautiful summer day. I covered all of the basics in under a couple of hours. 

My choice of title was influenced by my painting companions as much as it was by the name of the flowers. 

There is always something to paint in the garden. I picked the black eyed susans. Olivia selected the flowers of one of the hosta plants and Charlotte went for the sunflower. I need them to paint nearby so that I could help and be a bit of a guide. Charlotte had wanted to paint some other flowers but I encouraged her to come down near the base of the shagbark hickory in the gentle shade of the huge tree and closer to Olivia and I. 

The girls discovered something that had realized since I was very young as well. Art is a creative and wonderful way to live. Plein air art surrounded by nature can be inspirational. And finally that art can be exhausting. I actually have a T-shirt that claims that 'art is work'. It is!

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...