Thursday, January 6, 2022

#2572 "Rainy Day Sunflower"


I had wanted to record this aging sunflower plant en plein air but I was just too tired. Art is work and I did not feel like I had the energy to do that flower justice. I knew the next day would be very wet so I took some pictures on Friday afternoon October 29th, 2021 and prepared to paint in the Singleton Studio the following day. That decision also gave me the title for what I would later paint. 

This was a smooth and slippery surface with zero tooth. I had lots of paint on my palette so I concentrated on just mixing the right colour and laying it on the panel in the right place. Sounds simple... 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

#2852 "Male Belted Kingfisher"

#2852 "Male Belted Kingfisher" 14x18 inches oils on canvas Started April 3th, 2024 The Belted Kingfishers are a favourite bird wit...