Sunday, April 24, 2022

#2626 "Singleton Spring Sugar Flow"

#2626 "Singleton Spring Sugar Flow"
7x5 inches oil

It was supposed to be raining so I was pleasantly surprised to have an excellent window of opportunity to paint outside. I thought that I would continue with the maple syrup theme and have some fun on a small canvas. 

What a difference a day makes. When I painted #2625 "Listening to the Sap Drip", the snow was abundant and still crunchy. The snow crystals were ripe and ready to melt. A day later, the snow was mushy in the small areas where it still remained. My footsteps that were in six inches deep of snow the previous day were now wet leaves with only soggy snow outlining those prints. The moss at the base of the maples and along the ridge was even a little bit greener. 

Chickadees and wood peckers joined into the conservation today. The chickadees wanted some seed but I did not have any at the time. The crows were having a long distance discussion. Some of the crows in the group chat were really quite far away. Canada geese had returned in greater numbers and were adding to the cacophony of the spring soundtrack. 

The immersion of your thoughts and brush into the natural environment is a very big reason for plein air painting. The sap was really dripping. I would need to empty the pails after I finished the painting. I left my glasses in the Singleton Studio as I did not wish to see any details where the devil is said to reside. 

I would revisit this single tap in #2628 "Spring Awakening in the Sanctuary". 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

#2852 "Male Belted Kingfisher"

#2852 "Male Belted Kingfisher" 14x18 inches oils on canvas Started April 3th, 2024 The Belted Kingfishers are a favourite bird wit...