Sunday, September 4, 2022

#2679 "Nuphar Pumila"

#2679 "Nuphar Pumila"
10x12 inches oil

This is the flower friend of #2678 "Reflections of a Yellow Water Lily". I picked the Latin name for the water lily so that the title of this painting would be certain to be unique. I had to look this up as Latin is all Greek to me. 

I was out for a paddle on Monday June 6th, 2022. A friend took my picture as I paddled. It was the 78th Anniversary of D-Day. I was remembering my Father who was there in France. Rain was on the way. 


All kinds of aquatic creatures love these flowers and eat them whole, including beavers and muskrats. This particular flower was one of the few remaining blooms. The other stems had already been nipped off. These flowers were in the southwestern bay of Singleton Lake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...