Saturday, October 8, 2022

#2694 "Afternoon August Thunderstorm"

#2694 "Afternoon August Thunderstorm"
16x20 inches oils
I went out to watch the approaching thunderstorm from beside the red chairs. A bolt of lightning just to the southwest made a loud thundercrack as I was rounding the corner of our home. I jumped instinctively. I decided that I had better paint this storm. Severe thunderstorm warnings were issued soon afterward. The thunderstorms were moving toward the east at 50 km/h. Tornado warnings were issued soon after. "A severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado is located 5 kilometers northeast of Rideau River Provincial Park, moving east at 50 km/h."

Remote Sensing can reveal the details of the supercell
without placing anyone in harm's way

The forward flank downdraft appeared to be separate from the rear flank of the convective cell. I wanted to include that meteorology. The severe thunderstorms are likely to pass just north of Singleton riding on the Lake Ontario convergence line. Such was also the case on the last day of August 2022. 

I did not hear of any damage but trees are apt to fall in a forest without anyone seeing or hearing... 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels.

Warmest regards and keep your paddle in the water,

Phil Chadwick


No comments:

Post a Comment

#2853 "Song Sparrow Sing"

#2853 "Song Sparrow Sing" 20x16 inches oils on canvas. Start Monday, April 15th, 2024 I could almost hear the song of the sparrow ...