Monday, November 28, 2022

#2715 "Jim Day Rapids Shoreline Shadows"

#2715 "Jim Day Rapids Shoreline Shadows"
6x6 canvas oils

The beautiful day was certainly too nice to work. 

After completing #2714 "Red Chairs Overlooking the Jim Day Rapids Swimming Hole" I just turned the easel a bit. I included the red chairs on top of the marble ridge that overlooks Singleton Lake. The sun was on my back and it felt delicious. "Walter" our resident large fish jumped nearby and startled me. Walter apparently left show business on Golden Pond and retired to Jim Day Rapids. We are friends. 

My goal was to have fun with the juicy oils on my twin palettes. I was not wearing my glasses and the details were not important anyway. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels.

Warmest regards and keep your paddle in the water,

Phil Chadwick


No comments:

Post a Comment

#2851 "Water Stalker"

#2851 "Water Stalker" 20x16 inches oils on canvas Started April 10th, 2024 A very large great blue heron was on the rocky shore of...