Monday, December 19, 2022

#2723 "November Sugar Maples and Roots"

#2723 "November Sugar Maples and Roots"
6x6 by 3/4 inches oils on canvas
The November sun was melting the snow as
well as warming my back.
I only turned my field easel 45 degrees cyclonically after completing #2722 "Red Oak and Black Cherry in the Singleton Sanctuary". I liked how the sun lit up the old moss on the roots of the maple trees. 

The sun felt great on my back but it would be short-lived. I did put my cotton gloves on as the near-freezing temperatures felt chilly even with the light breeze in the forest. 

There is almost no detail as I purposely take my glasses off while doing plein air. 

The intense snow squall over Lake Ontario was forecast to drift northward late in the day and linger over the area through to Sunday morning. To quote the warning "Snow squalls cause weather conditions to vary considerably; changes from clear skies to heavy snow within just a few kilometres are common. Road closures are possible. Consider postponing non-essential travel until conditions improve. If you must travel, keep others informed of your schedule and destination and carry an emergency kit and mobile phone." 

The low crossing Lake Ontario was going to cause the winds to back thus directing the 270 degree snowsquall aimed at Watertown into a 210 degree snowsquall affecting Singleton. We were ready. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels.

Warmest regards and keep your paddle in the water,

Phil Chadwick


No comments:

Post a Comment

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark"

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark" 14x18 inches oils on canvas Started April 19th, 2024 Sadly, I rarely see a meadowlark anymore within th...