Saturday, February 11, 2023

#1413 "April Bouquet"

#1413 "April Bouquet"
11x14 inches oils on canvas

There were not many flowers growing in early April in Eastern Ontario -especially along the eastern bay of Singleton Lake. This bouquet is comprised of wind and snow-whipped dry grasses and a few cattails. There was still some snow and a lot of ice to wrap the bouquet in. A chilly breeze developed that hurried me along in my plein air work. 

The tree swallows arrived back while I painted. They are on time for a typical year but a bit fast given the winter that we were experiencing. Canada geese, wood ducks, buffleheads, hooded mergansers and some black ducks lined the edge of the ice or bobbed up and down in the waves while I painted. The geese got agitated and started to "honk" whenever I stepped back to see if I was doing the subject matter justice. Those experiences add tremendously to the plein air experience and made me smile. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels.

Warmest regards and keep your paddle in the water,

Phil Chadwick


No comments:

Post a Comment

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark"

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark" 14x18 inches oils on canvas Started April 19th, 2024 Sadly, I rarely see a meadowlark anymore within th...