Thursday, May 11, 2023

#2763 "Ancient Singleton Maple Trunk"

#2763 "Ancient Singleton Maple Trunk" 
6x6 inches oil on canvas

There was still some time left in the morning after my time spent with "Welcome to the Lake". I decided to paint the old, gnarled trunk of an ancient maple tree that stood northwest of our portion of Long Reach Lane. Every tree has a tale to tell.

The sun was shrouded by thicker clouds and the southwesterly winds picked up. My hands got very cold and that hurried me along. There was snow falling just to the northeast.

For this and much more art, click on Pixels.

Warmest regards and keep your paddle in the water,

Phil Chadwick


No comments:

Post a Comment

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark"

#2854 "Eastern Meadowlark" 14x18 inches oils on canvas Started April 19th, 2024 Sadly, I rarely see a meadowlark anymore within th...