Sunday, July 2, 2023

#2780 "Rural Community Expo at Furnace Falls Farm"

#2780 "Rural Community Expo at Furnace Falls Farm"
9x12 inches oils on canvas

The final painting of the day at the Rural Community Expo Event at Furnace Falls Farm, 504 Old Briar Hill Road. I thought that the scene of the temporary tents scattered around the barns and storage sheds of Furnace Falls Farm would make an interesting subject. It would also summarize the Rural Community Expo Event. The patrons were dark silhouettes in the shade of the protective canopies. I was standing out in the sun and even my broad hat, long-sleeved white shirt and sunscreen were not quite enough. 
There were no biting bugs at the farm. 

A friend of Wendy's took my picture while I painted. 

After finishing this I attended the Rural Community Expo Event and sat in the shade listening to my friend Pat Johnson play some terrific music. I purchased a CD of  "Come On In My Kitchen" to listen to at home. Life is better in the country. 

For this and much more art, click on Pixels.

Warmest regards and keep your paddle in the water,

Phil Chadwick


No comments:

Post a Comment

#2857 "Ruffed Grouse"

#2857 "Ruffed Grouse" 16x20 inches oils on canvas Started April 22nd, 2024 The scientific name for the Ruffed Grouse is " Bon...