Thursday, November 2, 2017

#2005 "Killbear Pines and Morning Crepuscula

After completing #2004 "Killbear Morning Altocumulus", I moved to the western side of the Kilcoursie sand beach bay to the start of Twin Point Trail. I waded to a sand bar and painted the western shore of Killbear Provincial Park. This point is the most northern eastward pointing outcrop of granite on the west shore of Kilcoursie Bay. Davy Island was further south and out of sight.


There was a sailboat moored within the approved anchorage area and I almost included it within the composition – maybe another time. I was already a bit tired after completing two small panels. A swim in Georgian Bay refreshed me for a hike around the Twin Point Trail.


A couple paddled out into Georgian Bay and returned before I had finished #2005 "Killbear Pines and Morning Crepuscular Rays". We enjoyed a great visit but I forget their names. They attended the presentation regarding the Art and Science of Tom Thomson that evening. The young park assistant who made the advertisment for the KillBear Presentation did not know any of the Tom Thomson story. She was under the impression that Tom Thomson himself was delivering the evening's entertainment. Too funny, I can't make this stuff up.
  Click to go to Chadwick Art... Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

#2850 "Mrs Blue Bird"

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird" 14 (height) X 18 (width) inches oils on canvas Started April 3rd, 2024 I have constructed several hundred...