Monday, April 23, 2018

#0020 "Snowy Trails"

From the summer of '75... sounds like a Bryan Adam's song...
"Had to paint and I tried real hard
Jimmy quit, I got married
I shoulda known I'd never get far"
This is a very popular winter scene which has been done lots of times. This was a picture that Mario Airomi had in his studio. Mario insisted that I was ready to give it a try. I was twenty-two at the time and had to agree. Time waits for no one.

What resulted was my very first landscape painting. My art career was secondary to graduating from Honours Physics at Queens and getting married as well. Life was busy and that explains why it took me twenty-two years to get to my first landscape.
 For this and much much more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2848 "Singleton Bald Eagles"

#2848 "Singleton Bald Eagles" 20x16 inches oils on stretch canvas Started Monday March 25st, 2024 It is a challenge to put a smile...