Tuesday, April 3, 2018

#0427 "Day Dreamin Dog"

Memories from 1999...

The family beloved Chesapeake, Jazzmin on the front porch in the fall of 1998 basking in the midday sun and totally unaware of my presence. She protected the family and the property from all intrusions. There was not a possum or raccoon that came close to the buildings without her putting the run on them . This helped explain the longevity of the Maine coon cat, Jo-Boo within a landscape of predators. Nothing threatened the cat or the the other residents of Watershed Farm with the Chesapeake on guard.
She was a terrific judge of character as well. One day she wanted to eat a sales person who ventured up the long country lane. The next night someone tried to rob the property. They were frozen fish salesmen and I thought there was something fishy about them them as well. Another day it was a paving salesman that wanted to pave the thousand plus feet of gravel at a special discounted price. I should have let the Chesapeake have a little snack.
She was a beautiful and loyal member of the family. I loved that creature - just like I loved the Maine Coon cat. These special creatures are buried together at a special place at the very crest of the Oak Ridges Moraine in unmarked graves. I know where the graves are but their spirits will always be with me.
It was a beautiful day. I painted this to get the feel of the paints and brushes again after a too long hiatus and didn't want to start with anything too detailed. I did only a minimal charcoal sketch and then went right to the brushes.
 For this and much more art...

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2845 "Female Snowy Owl"

#2845 "Female Snowy Owl" 18x14 oils on stretched canvas Started Saturday, February 17th, 2024 This female snowy owl had a whimsica...