Friday, May 11, 2018

#0076 "Tranquil Shore"

From late in 1978... my goodness how the years have passed.
This quiet scene was near Bayswater, Nova Scotia during fog season in June 1978. I was intrigued by the reflections, the refractions and the fog. The coastal highway was just over the hill. The tide was out but the advection fog was in.

We were exploring our adopted province every chance we had. Nova Scotia was truly beautiful and unique. I was still learning lots about how the weather really worked... especially fog.

I would have painted this in the guest bedroom on the southwest corner of our apartment in the Woodlawn Mall area of Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. My studio was in the extreme corner and the sewing area on the opposite wall when guests were not visiting.
 For this painting and much more art...

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird"

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird" 14 (height) X 18 (width) inches oils on canvas Started April 3rd, 2024 I have constructed several hundred...