Thursday, May 10, 2018

#0062 "Mary Ann Falls on the Cabot Trail"

Step number 62 on my artistic journey from 1977... I do not think we owned a TV  so I painted a lot...
This is a view of Mary Ann Falls during the summer of 1977. Mary Ann Falls is on the northeastern shore of Cape Breton and is well worth the drive. The exit off the Cabot Trail is signed for both Warren Lake and Mary Ann Falls. The parking area is about 6.5km away along the dirt road. During the winter, the trails surrounding the area are groomed for cross country skiing.

We were exploring our adopted province every change we had. Nova Scotia was truly beautiful and unique. I was still learning lots about how the weather really worked...

I would have painted this in the guest bedroom on the southwest corner of our apartment in the Woodlawn Mall area of Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. My studio was in the extreme corner and the sewing area on the opposite wall when guests were not visiting.
 For this painting and so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2850 "Mrs Blue Bird"

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird" 14 (height) X 18 (width) inches oils on canvas Started April 3rd, 2024 I have constructed several hundred...