Wednesday, August 29, 2018

#2102 "Wilson Meets Herriott"

From 9:00 am Friday May 18th, 2018
I simply turned the easel around after painting #2101 "Big Ben Pond" to look northeastward along Herriott Street. I did not want to paint all of the building so I moved the flowering crab apple tree over to add interest to the composition. I liked the different colours of the pavement and concrete in the strong morning sun. There were some people and cars moving around but not many as it was still quite early on the Friday morning. The tourists had not yet arrived for the long weekend. I had removed all of the people in my first composition and Vic wondered why. He had a point so I put a bunch of people plus a lady walking her dog at the intersection of Herriot and Gore. The main road in the painting was Wilson Street East. People only take a few strokes of the brush. I thought that the title was funny. That one character could after all, be Tom Hanks.
 For this and much more art...

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2849 "Wood Ducks Standing on the Log By the Bay"

#2849 "Wood Ducks Standing on the Log By the Bay" 14x18 inches oils on stretched canvas  Started Friday March 29th, 2024  The titl...