Thursday, August 30, 2018

#2103 "Gore Street Bridge"

From  Friday May 18th, 2018.
My painting partner Vic Dohar selected this beautiful little scene along a canal that fed into the Tay River. The Tay runs through the middle of Perth. This view was just north of Colbourne Street. A lot of people wandered by and wondered what we were doing. The Parking Authority was busy handing out tickets. Welcome to Perth but read the fine print first. I do not wear my glasses when I paint en plein air. One does not want to see the stifling details to clearly.
For a plein air composition the subject was quite complex with a lot of angles and even more subject matter. I liked the colours of the water and the reflections. I had removed all of the people in my first composition and Vic wondered why. He had a point so I put in a guy walking his white dog. People only take a few strokes of the brush. Dogs take a few more strokes. The blue car was parked on the bridge the entire time that we painted. They probably had a parking ticket too.
 For this and much more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2849 "Wood Ducks Standing on the Log By the Bay"

#2849 "Wood Ducks Standing on the Log By the Bay" 14x18 inches oils on stretched canvas  Started Friday March 29th, 2024  The titl...