Friday, September 21, 2018

#2124 "Superior Woodland River"

I painted artistic journey step number 2124 beside an old steel bridge on the Gargantua Road just west of Highway 17. There was quite a current and a lot of water passed under that bridge while I painted. The heavy rain from the post-tropical cyclone and the transitioned Alberto was still finding its way to sea level. That water was not coming back in our life time.

I was interested in the colours of the water and the reflection from the shore line. I squinted my eyes a lot to block out the tons of unnecessary details. The black flies and mosquitoes were not too bad but were just starting to be irritating. I used a lot of paint on the very smooth surface. I packed out some garbage...
 For this and much more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird"

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird" 14 (height) X 18 (width) inches oils on canvas Started April 3rd, 2024 I have constructed several hundred...