Saturday, September 29, 2018

#2133 "Birches and Black Spruce"

This is the view looking inland from the boat ramp leading into Sinclair Cove. It was 8:30 am on Monday June 4th, 2018 and I had all day to paint. I picked this smooth panel with the intention of completing this early morning painting and then returning to the Agawa Campground to paint with my Huntsville artist friends. I did not want to wake them up too early.

The black spruce were interwoven with the birches and poplar to make an almost impregnable screen of trees. This time a picked a very rough, small panel to capture the impression without too much detail. I might have been wearing my glasses. I included the Provincial Park sign as some stabs of paint on a post. I did not see a soul at the cove on the cold and cloudy day.
 For this and much more art...

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2845 "Female Snowy Owl"

#2845 "Female Snowy Owl" 18x14 oils on stretched canvas Started Saturday, February 17th, 2024 This female snowy owl had a whimsica...