Sunday, October 14, 2018

#2148 "Mist of the Dumoine Grande Chute"

The fog had lifted and I could see further down the Grande Chute of the Dumoine River. There was still some mist limiting the visibility. The light was changing quickly but I locked in the colours with my first brush strokes.

I had moved a bit further to the east along the bridge after painting #2147 "Dumoine Grande Chute Mist" and could now see Serpent Rock in the valley of the Dumoine Dinosaurs. The eastern bank of the Grande Chute was always dark in the morning. I did paint what I saw and those works tend to be dark and moody along the deep valley of the Dumoine. The colours of the forest respond to the light. Painting is always about the light even in the dark.
 For this and much more art...

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2849 "Wood Ducks Standing on the Log By the Bay"

#2849 "Wood Ducks Standing on the Log By the Bay" 14x18 inches oils on stretched canvas  Started Friday March 29th, 2024  The titl...