Monday, October 15, 2018

#2149 "Grande Chute Whitewater"

I moved down to the ledges on the east bank of the Grande Chute. I was actually getting tired of standing so I sat on the rock as close to the edge as I dared. A tumble into the torrent would be the last mistake anyone could make.
The roar of the cataract was deafening and I hoped that the sound would permeate the canvas. Plus it felt really good to just sit down for a while. I wanted to capture the energy of the cataract with equally energetic brush strokes even though I was sitting down on the job.
The Pixels image below links to this painting and much more.
 For this and much more art...

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2850 "Mrs Blue Bird"

#2850 "Missus Blue Bird" 14 (height) X 18 (width) inches oils on canvas Started April 3rd, 2024 I have constructed several hundred...