Tuesday, November 13, 2018

#2167 "Morning Stratocumulus on Robinson Lake"

Monday was the day to pack up the CPAWS DRAW from another year. It was important to pitch in to break up camp. The overnight thunderstorms had soaked pretty much everything. There was no chance of packing up any of the gear dry. In any event many hands make the work easy and fun. With so many people helping there was not much left to do by 9:30 am so I decided to paint on the beach of Lake Robinson.
Catherine was down there as well doing one more painting before her scheduled time to depart arrived. I was staying another night so I could continue to paint up a storm. I was on no timetable at all which is the way I try to enjoy life and art.

Bryan showed me a fungus map that he had created. The spores created beautiful patterns on the paper. Nature really is the best source of inspiration for both science and art.

I painted looking upstream on the Dumoine past the cabin. The remains of the overnight convection were still on the eastern horizon. Turbulent streets of stratocumulus were caught up in the northerly flow behind the storms. The sunrise was just a dull glow in the sky but the reflections on the water of Robinson Lake were brilliant. The northwesterly winds had not broken through the nocturnal inversion yet. The air mass was still very unstable. It rained a bit as I finished up this canvas.

The last of the DRAW campers had departed and it was really quiet like a library in a church. Some of the DRAW artists asked if I would be okay all alone for the next day. I just smiled. The atmosphere was so still and serene even though thunderstorms were brewing again. I needed to paint.

For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.
 For this and much more art, click on Pixels. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#2848 "Singleton Bald Eagles"

#2848 "Singleton Bald Eagles" 20x16 inches oils on stretch canvas Started Monday March 25st, 2024 It is a challenge to put a smile...